The Jeep Wrangler is Kelly Blue Book’s “Most Awarded Car of 2019”. The all-new Gladiator is the only open-air pickup truck in the industry. And the Jeep Grand Cherokee is the most awarded SUV ever.
Every Jeep vehicle has stand-out features and options, but each model is very different. When the question you’re asking is, “Which Jeep model is best for me?”, we’ll help you figure out the answer as we review the major features of each model. And of course, you’ll find your new Jeep in stock at Cooksville Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram.
The Renegade is Jeep’s fun-loving subcompact crossover SUV, but don’t mistake it for a city dweller. It’s available with either FWD or best-in-class 4x4 capability including Selec-Terrain traction management with Rock Mode and Jeep Active Drive Low. Among the five trim levels are the following:
- A standard 180 hp 2.4-litre Tigershark I-4 engine or an available 177 hp 1.3L turbo I-4
- Uconnect 3 with a 5” screen, Uconnect 4 multimedia with a 7” screen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, or Uconnect 4C NAV with an 8.4” screen
- Cloth upholstery or heated leather seats with 10 different combinations available
- Available Keyless Enter ‘n Go, two sunroof options, and advanced driver-assist systems, such as Forward Collision Warning, Blind Spot Monitoring, and Lane Departure Warning
- Max towing capacity of 907 kgs (2,000 lbs)
Jeep’s four-door compact crossover SUV is the Compass, offering seating for five, fold-flat rear seats, a fold-forward front seat, and an adjustable rear cargo floor. The available black roof adds a two-tone appearance while the iconic seven-slot grille re-enforces that you get the best Jeep DNA. All Compass models have the same engine, a 2.4 L Tigershark MultiAir I-4 with 180 hp and a maximum towing capacity of 907 kg (2,000 lb). Other options in its seven trim levels include:
- Your choice of FWD or 4x4, manual or automatic transmission
- Standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with Uconnect 4 and a 7” touchscreen, or available Uconnect 4C NAV or Uconnect 4 multimedia with an 8.4” touchscreen.
- Available Keyless Enter ‘n Go with push-button start, cornering fog lamps, and HID headlamps.
- Cloth upholstery or optional heated leather seats and heated steering wheel.
- Wheel options from 17” to 19” in diameter, in a variety of styles and colours.
Refreshed for the 2019 model year, the Jeep Cherokee is larger, more upscale and offers higher performance than the Renegade and Compass. Eight trim levels are available and options range accordingly. Standard features for this Jeep include LED headlamps, ParkView backup camera, and Uconnect 3 with a 5” touchscreen.
It’s also available as either FWD or 4x4 drivetrain and has a best-in-class towing of up to 2,041 kgs (4,500 lbs). Three engine choices are in the lineup including a 180 hp Tigershark MultiAir I-4, a 271 hp 3.2 L Pentastar V6, and a 270 hp 2.0 L turbo engine. Other options include:
- Uconnect 4 with a 7” touchscreen and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Uconnect 4 with an 8.4” screen, or Uconnect 4C NAV with the 8.4” touchscreen;
- Available LED fog lights;
- Optional hands-free power liftgate;
- Available remote engine start;
- Optional Alpine Premium Sound System;
- Nappa leather upholstery with heated and ventilated power-adjustable seats;
- Dual-pane panoramic sunroof; and
- Advanced tech features (includes available Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision Warning).
For many who ask, “which Jeep is best for me?”, the Cherokee is certainly a popular answer.
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep’s most luxurious midsize SUV is the Jeep Grand Cherokee. While cloth upholstery is available, many drivers choose the Grand Cherokee with leather seating. Heated and ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, and CommandView Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof with a power-sliding front panel and fixed rear panel are options.
The Grand Cherokee has legendary off-road abilities with standard 4x4, and four 4x4 systems available. It has best-in-class towing of up to 3,265kg (7,200lb) along with Trailer Sway Control and available Quadra-Lift Air Suspension. You can choose one of four engines including the 295hp 3.6L Pentastar V6, the 360hp 5.7L HEMI V8, a 475hp 6.4L SRT HEMI V8, and the mind-blowing Trackhawk’s 707hp supercharged 6.2L V8.
Other Jeep Grand Cherokee options include:
- Uconnect 4 with 7” touchscreen or Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4” touchscreen;
- 19-speaker Harman/Kardon audio system;
- Wheel choices from 17” to 20” in several finishes;
- Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, advanced driver-assist safety systems; and
- HID headlamps.
Jeep’s iconic design is still found in the Wrangler, redesigned for the 2019 model year. It’s Canada’s most capable off-road SUV and is more advanced than ever. Still featuring removable doors, folding windshield and four different removable tops, the Wrangler has been modernized with available LED headlights, standard Uconnect 3 with a 5” touchscreen, and ParkView rear backup camera.
As always, the Wrangler comes with standard 4x4. Choose between a 285hp 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 and a 270hp 2.0L turbocharged I4 with eTorque.
Other Wrangler options include:
- Air conditioning in the Sport S trim and higher.
- Tru-Lok front and rear Dana axles, electronic disconnecting sway bar, and performance suspension.
- Uconnect 4 with 7” touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- 17” or 18” wheels.
All new for 2020 is the Jeep Gladiator pickup truck. Inspired by the Wrangler, the Jeep Gladiator is also a true pickup truck. Along with removable doors and a foldable windshield, the Gladiator’s roof can be removed and is available either as a soft-top or hardtop. The 285hp 3.6L Pentastar V6 is the sole engine for 2020 and offers best-in-class 4x4 towing at up to 3,470kg (7,650lb). Available options include:
- Rubicon’s forward-facing TrailCam off-road camera.
- Advanced driver-assist systems including Adaptive Cruise Control.
- Uconnect 3, Uconnect 4, or Uconnect 4C NAV systems.
- Fabric or leather upholstery.
If you’re asking, “What kind of Jeep is best for me?”, you have a tough decision to make! The good news? No matter which Jeep you choose, you’re going to love it. Product specialists at Cooksville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram can help you select the perfect Jeep for your needs.